Our Tablet Testers received their tablets a week ago and have now shared their initial feedback with us. Here’s what they had to say:
Natasha, Sales Manager at Endras BMW, is testing the BlackBerry PlayBook which she’s synced with her BlackBerry. At home, Natasha uses the iPad so is able to compare the two. Here’s what she had to say:
“Once I got my 14 years old to give me a tutorial on the Playbook I was fine. I took me a bit to get it started/initialized.
I love the size, fits perfectly in my purse unlike the iPad. I love the bridge feature so my calendar is linked. The screen resolution is also superb.
I’ve played with the current mobile ONE-EIGHTY site and can’t wait to test the increased functionality.
Brock, Sales & Leasing Consultant from Budds’ Subaru is testing out the Sony Tablet S and so far seems impressed! Here’s his initial feedback:
“I have been working with the Sony Tablet S for a couple days now. My first impression is that the design of the tablet is great as it is easy to hold while entering customer information. I look forward to using it more and learning what mobile (Showroom) ONE-EIGHTY will allow me to do.
- I can Access the whole 180 program because it is a computer.
- Comes with MS Office Suite
- Good supportI am a disappointed though with performance:
- During the day the tablet is hard to see in our glass showroom, in fact on a sunny day impossible to see.
- Font size cannot be increased at all for older users
- Speed is disappointing. I usually work with aniPadand it is quick and responsive, this unit takes a while to wake up and get started on the programs I am requesting.
- On screen keyboard blocks what you are writing, is hard to move around and unresponsive when typing. I hooked a Bluetooth keyboard from my computer at home to it and this seems to be the only way one can type.
- Touch-screen is unresponsive. You need to double tap applications to get them started
- I hooked a wireless mouse to the unit in order to make it work easier.
Overall disappointed with the machine for the $$ I would buy a laptop as this is basically a Laptop running windows with a touch screen not a real tablet.”
Dave is a Sales & Leasing Consultant at Victoria BMW. He’s already familiar with the BlackBerry PlayBook which he has synced to his BlackBerry Torch. Here are his thoughts on testing out the iPad thus far:
“The main highlights – great graphics, phenomenal keyboard/touch-screen typing, good wireless network range. I was a little disappointed by the lack of abilities to capture video downloads and the need for additional apps to get up to functionality (The BB Playbook I already have came much more functional out of the box)
Overall, now that I have loaded more programs and apps the functionality is superb.Handling the unit was definitely more awkward due to its slippery finish (fixed this with a folding cover). As a BMW affectionate, I was surprised at how many interesting Apps there are published by BMW. I have a full selection of those loaded and have also loaded several demonstrational videos with the idea of using them when working with clients.”
“I love the fact that it can be completely customized. Much lighter than the iPad, and has incredibly accurate voice commands. Also, the battery seems to last much longer than on the iPad.”
Thanks to all of our testers for taking on the task and sharing these comments with us. We look forward to learning more from you at the “Tab-Off Event” on May 1st.
If you haven’t entered our draw yet, time is running out. May 1st we’ll be drawing for our 30 prize winners including 10 winners of a tablet of their choice! See details here.